Saturday, July 5, 2014

Project Based Learning

I absolutely LOVE project based learning!! For me, project based learning is a form of learning where the kids are creating an extensive integrated project in the classroom (typically lasts 2 weeks) and the process of the project is where the learning takes place. Sometimes I front load them with information and sometimes I don't.  I mostly love it because it puts the learning and responsibility in the students hands. However, I also secretly love it because it keeps me on my toes. The kids challenge me to learn more, go deeper, and let go of all my control issues! Do you use project based learning? If so, I would love to hear how you run it in your classroom!

I started project based learning 3 years ago and have now tried it with 4th grade, 2nd grade, and 5th grade. It works with all of them and the kids ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! Check out a few of my units on TPT - I have them for multiple grade levels. Enjoy!          
                 
                         
                                       







No comments:

Post a Comment