Friday, July 18, 2014

My New DIY Table Caddy!!!


Oh my goodness, I am soooooo excited about my new table caddies!!! AHHHH!!! I have been wanting to make table caddies for a while (I hate the plastic ones) but I am super cheap and didn't want to spend too much money. Well, I finally found everything I needed for 6 tables for under $25 (you could stretch that even further if you wanted to and it could be cheaper if you already own some of the materials)!! This comes out to about $4 per table (most caddies are more expensive than that)! 

So, here they are...step by step.

SUPPLIES
I went to Home Depot and purchased three 1 x 6 x 2 boards for .67 cents each. Before purchasing, I asked for them to cut them in half. That means I go 6 boards for $2.01!!! I also purchased screws and a small sanding sponge to ensure that the edges would be soft. I then went to target and purchased 18 tin cans from the dollar section. Screws, boards, sanding sponge, and cans came out to $24ish dollars.



Process
I then took the tin cans and wood glued them onto the boards (I didn't include wood glue in the supplies because it is not necessary. My husband then drilled in the screws through the base of the cans into the boards. Annnnnndddd...you're done! 






No comments:

Post a Comment