Friday, July 4, 2014

How do you run math and reading?

I am a HUGE fan of Daily 5 for reading and math!!! However, in our pinched timeline at school, I run Daily 4 for reading and Choice Math (same concept as Daily 5, just a different name because my kids got confused).

In reading, each day my students complete 4 of the following:
Read to self
Read with a partner
Work on writing
Word work
Reading with technology
Guided Reading

In Math, each day my students complete the following:
Math by myself/Math with Writing
Math with a partner
Math with Technology
Guided Math

One of my highest priorities with running a student led classroom is accountability. After using this model for 4 years, I have finally perfected my Daily 4 Checklist.  I am attaching it free for the next 24 hours! Be sure to like my page for more freebies in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment